Order At-Home COVID Tests Free
MOST insurances are covering for free up to 8 at-home COVID tests per month per family member. We have created an online request form to request tests for you/your family. CLICK HERE TO REQUEST.
Schedule a COVID-19 Testing Appointment
Skippack Pharmacy is a CLIA-waived professional medical laboratory registered with the Pennsylvania Department of Health. We are currently offering COVID19 testing Monday-Saturday.
We are proud to offer 4 testing options for our community. Rapid Antigen & Rapid PCR tests will get you your results the quickest (1-2 hour turnaround) and are paid for out of pocket. Lab-sent PCR tests are covered by most insurances for those who has been exposed to someone positive or symptomatic (1-2 day turnaround). Rapid Antibody tests are a diagnostic test to measure if your body has antibodies to COVID-19 (1-2 hour turnaround). Please double check the type of test and your appointment date prior to scheduling. All appointments must be made in advance online.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Drive to Skippack Pharmacy (upon arriving to the pharmacy’s plaza, drive around to the BACK PARKING LOT of the pharmacy & pull into a parking spot opposite the middle door that you see a sign with a phone number.) Only AFTER you arrive, please call our direct testing line at 610-584-7937 (please do not hang up until one of our testing members picks up the phone to check you in).
- Please inform our team member the following: 1) First & Last Name, 2) You are here for your RAPID ANTIGEN, RAPID PCR, or LAB-SENT PCR TEST, 3) If you paid in advance via credit card or paying cash in person.
- A specialist will come out to your car & hand you a nasal swab. How to perform the test: Insert the nasal swab in EACH nostril, go high up until you feel a tickle or sensation and twirl or circle 3-5 times. Insert that nasal swab back into the sleeve it came out of. Once completed, please pass the nasal swab back to our team.
- Once you pass the Nasal Swab back to our team in its sleeve, you are ready to go. Our team will EMAIL you the results as soon as they are processed.
- Please do not arrive earlier than 5 minutes prior to your appointment time. If you need to come earlier or later, you do not need to call or email to inform us, you can come up until 6:15PM on weekdays or 2:15PM on Saturday at the testing site BEHIND Skippack Pharmacy.
- If for any reason, you do not receive a EMAIL within 1-2 hours (also keep an eye out in your spam folder), please call 610-584-7937 with your name, test taken, and time of your appointment. Our team will work with you to resend the results in the event of a technical glitch.
Rapid Antigen Test
Rapid Antigen Tests are recommended for patients with one or more COVID-19 symptoms, with onset within the last 5 days. There is no minimum age to get tested (for infants/children, a parent may perform the nasal swab).
- Nasal Swab test | Detects the virus when you are most infectious
- Accepted by most major airlines (mostly domestic travel)
You will receive your Rapid Antigen results within 30 minutes to 1 hour. You will be EMAILED results within 30 minutes to 1 hour; however, if you do not see an email in your Inbox or Spam folder after 1 hour, please email email@example.com .
The cost of the Rapid Antigen Test is $55.00 (discounted from $100). $5.00 convenience fee if paying via credit card. We cannot bill your insurance; however, you may attempt to submit to your insurance company afterwards.
Rapid RT-PCR Test
RT-PCR Tests allows for a real time observation of the genetic material and quantifies it after each successive round of amplification. RT-PCR tests are recommended and used by the CDC themselves, for detection of Covid-19 and in some cases, for travel. There is no minimum age to get tested (for infants/children, a parent may perform the nasal swab).
- Nasal Swab test | Fully integrated, rapid, automated RT-PCR
- Accepted by most major airlines (including international travel)
You will receive your RT-PCR results within 1 hour. You will be EMAILED results within 1 hour; however, if you do not see an email in your Inbox or Spam folder after 2 hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The cost of the RT-PCR Test is $170.00 (discounted from $225). $10.00 convenience fee if paying via credit card. We cannot bill your insurance; however, you may attempt to submit to your insurance company afterwards.
Check your destination’s entry requirements – Disclaimer: For the most up to date entry requirements check the country you are planning to visit/transit’s government website for information and updates. Do not book a test without verifying with the country/airline you are flying with.
Molecular PCR Test (Sent to External Lab)
These RT-PCR Tests are COVID-19 tests that are sent out to a partner lab to be processed. DO NOT select this if you need an urgent response. These are often used by employers to test employees or anyone who does not have an urgent need to get a PCR result back. The lab is currently averaging a 24-48 hour turnaround time based on the current demand.
- Nasal Swab test
- Used by Employers
- Used for non-urgent situations
You will receive your PCR results within 1-2 days. You will be EMAILED results directly from the lab (Religen Labs). If you do not receive the results within 2 days, please contact the lab directly as 484-534-9311 or by emailing email@example.com.
The cost of the rt-PCR Test is $0 if you have insurances and if you have been exposed or around someone who is positive. If you do not have insurance, please select the rapid RT-PCR test above.
**When you click the link below it may say 6+ due to a bug in the system, the test can be performed on all ages**
Rapid Antibody Test
Rapid Antibody Tests are COVID-19 tests that are used to determine if you previously had COVID-19. Anyone can get an antibody test as long as it has been 14 days or more from the onset of their symptoms.
- Small blood sample via finger prick
- Used to determine if your body has developed antibodies that fight against the virus that causes COVID-19
- If test results show that you have antibodies, it can mean that you have been infected with the COVID-19 virus in the past or you have antibodies after being vaccinated. It may also mean that you have some immunity. However, having antibodies may not mean you’re protected against reinfection with COVID-19.
You will receive your antibody results within 1-2 hours. You will be EMAILED results from firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost of the rapid antibody test is $40 (discounted from $75) .